- All participants must have reached their 55th birthday before the first day of competition. At least two members of any team must be members of the same U.S. club. The Chairman of the event may use his discretion in eligibility matters.
- To be eligible for the Masters Division, all team members must be at least 68 years old. The 16 teams with the highest average age will constitute the Masters Division.
- To be eligible for the Super Seniors Division, all team members must be at least 63 years old. The next 16 oldest teams, based upon average age, will be placed in the Super Seniors Division.
- All other teams will be assigned to the Senior Division, regardless of the teams average age. The only exception being if a team, which otherwise meets the age requirement for either the Super Seniors or Masters Divisions, specifically requests in writing placement in the Senior Division.
- The Championship Committee, in consultation with the USSMCA, may modify the number of teams in each Division considering the number of teams entered and their average ages